Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Fall!





So... it's officially fall! I must say that I'm more of a summer person, but I do love the fall... the colors, the trees, the weather! Here are some festive fall invitations that I designed for Amanda. When I first met with Amanda it was in the spring time so it was interesting coming up with concepts for a fall wedding. I must say that I'm in love with the color orange and think it's such a beautiful wedding color! I almost used orange in my own wedding colors and then last minute I changed my mind.... although my wedding was perfect, I do wish I would have Incorporated it into my colors! The concept that Amanda really wanted to use on her invitations was a tree so we designed a pine tree silhouette that really created that fall theme!


Many brides choose their wedding colors according to the time and location of their wedding. I love the idea of having the theme of your wedding match the seasonal colors of the date, but I encourage brides to think outside of the box and come up with some creative color pallets.

For example, take a fall wedding....


-traditional colors to use for fall weddings:

brown, red, burgundy, orange, tan, cream, yellow


-creative colors to use for a fall wedding:

plum purple, forest green, dark pink, navy, charcoal gray, gold


*Design tip* - use a combination of both traditional and creative fall wedding colors to create the perfect balance!

2 comments:

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

i love love love this one!

JennyLee said...

i'm a hug fan of fall so these are right up my alley! love the design!